Medicare Education and Information
Learning all you can about conditions you have or may be at risk for is important to your health. Mountain-Pacific offers educational resources so you can learn how to
- improve and manage your health,
- build relationships with your health care providers,
- understand your rights and responsibilities under Medicare and
- take advantage of educational workshops and resources in your community.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a federal program that provides health insurance coverage. The biggest group of Americans covered by Medicare is men and women over the age of 65. Medicare covers a variety of health care services – both to treat illnesses and to protect you from getting sick. Learn how to sign up for Medicare or learn what services are available to you under the Medicare coverage you already have.
Want to learn more?
As a quality improvement organization (QIO), we support a number of projects to improve health and the care provided within the communities we serve.
- Learn about our Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Learn about your rights as a Medicare beneficiary.
- Read Medicare & You, a handbook from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Find and compare doctors, plans, hospitals and other providers near you.
Want to get involved in quality improvement?
- Join a collaborative in your community. Contact us and let us know what health issues interest you.
- Share your story.