Improving Care Coordination
Coordinating care between hospitals and other care settings leads to better patient care. It opens lines of communication between providers, community support services and patients and family. It ensures the patient and his or her family know which services are available within their community. Coordination of care means improved medication safety and less adverse drug events.
To accomplish coordinated care, health care providers and patients must work together so every patient receives the right care, at the right time, every time.
How can we help?
We know the most common reasons patients unnecessarily end up back in the hospital are from lack of
- accurate and timely transfer of information,
- medication reconciliation,
- reliable follow-up care,
- patient engagement and self-management skills, and
- utilization of available community resources.
Mountain-Pacific brings together providers, partners, health care stakeholders, patients and their families to reduce hospital admission and readmission rates and improve medication safety.
Be part of your local community collaborative, and you will
- help define a goal to improve care coordination and ways to track success that make the most sense for your community;
- identify and implement interventions and strategies to reduce hospital readmission and admission rates;
- receive focused technical assistance and practical tools and resources to improve health care;
- get access to national organizations and their expertise to improve medication safety and care coordination;
- receive education and support that is aligned with other national goals and community projects to reduce duplication of effort and initiative fatigue.
Want to be part of a greater movement to improve care coordination in your community? Contact your local Mountain-Pacific Quality Health representative and learn how you can!
Click here for a list of tools and resources.
Do you have a success story? Share it here!
See a prescription drug take back location near you.
406-457-5846 Ext. 5846
Contact us to learn more about our services.
Tools and Resources
See our Quality Improvement Initiative tools and resources.