Check Out New ASP Resources
July 21, 2017
TGIF to all our antibiotic stewardship program (ASP) teammates! We have recently posted some great new ASP resources to our MT Antimicrobial Stewardship (ABS) Collaborative Resources page, and I wanted to make sure you were aware of them. The new resources include the following:
- Jumpstart Stewardship Webinar 3 – Measuring Effectiveness: Data Sources and Key Metrics – Check out the slide deck, which has great examples of data points to use for your ASP and individual ASP interventions.
- Jumpstart Stewardship Webinar 4 – Mitigating Barriers and ASP Implementation Planning – Check out the slide deck, which will walk you through mitigating barriers and creating a plan and timeline for a successful ASP.
- From Jumpstart Stewardship Webinars 3 and 4 – Jumpstart Stewardship examples of key metrics, SWOT analysis and intervention timelines and an ASP implementation planning timeline example (MS Excel). These examples help you complete your homework assignments from these two webinars.
- New CDC Resource – Implementation Guide of Antibiotic Stewardship Core Elements in Small/Critical Access Hospitals gives concrete examples of implementation ideas for each core element.
- St. Luke in Ronan, Montana, has generously shared a copy of their ASP Policy. If you do not yet have a policy, this is a great template to take and modify for your organization.
We will have an ASP workgroup meeting on Wednesday, September 20, as part of the Montana Hospital Association Fall Conference in Billings. This workgroup session is open to all who are attending the MHA conference. We will post the MHA registration information when it becomes available.
Check for upcoming educational events and other resources on our MT ABS Collaborative Resources webpage.
If you have any questions or run into issues with your ASP implementation and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, and we will have one of our subject matter experts get back to you, or directly email Patty Kosednar with your questions or comments.