CPC+ Second Quarter Reporting due July 14 (Tomorrow!)
July 13, 2017
Written by Kristen Schuster, Practice Facilitator
This post is a refresher from the quarter one Care Delivery Reporting guide. Quarter two will ask about your practice’s progress on more areas for the primary care functions. If you are in the beginning stages of implementing a project or hiring staff, note that in the free text boxes when you can. This shows the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) your practice’s plan.
Remember: No electronic Clinical Quality Measure (eCQM) data are reported for the care delivery report.
Care delivery reports are done quarterly and focus on the Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+) drivers: access and continuity, targeted care management, comprehensiveness and coordination, patient and caregiver engagements and planned care and population health.
These care delivery reports are meant to monitor a practice’s progress over time. For Care Delivery Reporting, you will answer a list of questions for each driver. You do not need to have positive answers or answers for every question. Answer questions based on your practice’s progress the practice in the program.
Requirements for the Second Quarter Reporting:
- Care Delivery Reporting data to be entered into the CMS Practice Portal for each organization
- Q1 reporting period: 4/1/2017 through 6/30/2017
- Q1 reporting due by July 13 (If extensions are needed, please contact me.)
- Reporting on the following driver elements are required for Q2 (see the CMS 2017 CPC+ Care Delivery Reporting Guide for the list of questions you will address for Q2 reporting for each item below):
- Access and Continuity
- 24/7 access
- Continuity of care
- Targeted Care Management
- Identify patients for management
- Care management staffing
- Coordinating discharge and emergency department (ED)
- Medication management
- Comprehensiveness and Coordination
- Identifying and communicating with hospitals and EDs
- Care compacts/agreements
- Patient and Caregiver Engagement
- Patient and Family Advisory Council
- Self-management support for selected conditions
- Planned Care and Population Health
- Team-based care
Data to Prepare for Care Delivery Reporting for the First Quarter:
As part of the reporting, you will also be required to provide the following information. It may help to have this information prepared in advance:
- Total empaneled patients (percentage)
- Number of patients empaneled to each provider
- Number of high-risk patients
- Percentage of risk-stratified patients
- Percentage of patients under care management plans
- Number of hospital discharge patients
- Number of patients with a follow up visit in 1 week
- Number of patients contacted within 72 hours of discharge
Don’t forget: You can file for an extension!
If you have any questions, or run into issues with any of the CPC+ objectives and would like help please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Kristen Schuster directly with your questions or comments.
- Access and Continuity