Task Checklist for 2017 reporting year
January 15, 2017
Written by Kristen Schuster, Practice Facilitator
The start of a new program year always has a flood of questions and the fear of missing a deadline. Do not fear! This blog will have you covered for all of the time sensitive CPC+ reporting.
Here is a list of task you may find helpful to navigate through the first year of CPC+. Please let me know if you have comments or questions.
- Sign CMS CPC+ Participation Agreement
- Access and register for the CPC+ Practice Portal
- Register for the weekly On the Plus Side newsletter
- Confirm written consent from each CPC+ provider of acceptance of CPC+ terms
- Notify CPC+ Beneficiaries of the program
- Create a process and track staff participation in CPC+ Learning Activities
- Establish a financial system to track Care Management Fees(CMF) and Comprehensive Primary Care Payment(CPCP Track 2 only)
- Submit CMS-588 Electronic Funds Transfer form
- Determine CPCP payment for 2017(Track 2 only)
- Submit CPC+ baseline assessment (due end of January 2017)
- Choose Electronic Clinical Quality measures(eCQMs)
- Submit 2017 CPC+ Practice Survey
- Plan and schedule a Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
- Track 1-one PFAC in 2017
- Track 2-two PFACs in 2017
- Choose CPCP percentage adjustment for 2018 (Track 2 only)
- Upgrade EHR to 2015 version
- Q1 2018
- Submit eCQM data for 2017 through CMS CPC+ practice portal
- Submit Financial reconciliation for 2017 through CMS CPC+ practice portal
- Financial forecasts for 2018
|Care delivery reporting deadlines||Q1||Q2||Q3||Q4|
|Reporting Coverage Period||1/1/2017-3/31/17||4/1/17-6/30/17||7/1/17-9/30/17||10/1/17-12/31/17|
As always, complete CPC+ information from CMS can be found on the CPC+ Connect Portal. We encourage you to access the portal and check out all available CMS CPC+ resources.
If you have any questions, or run into issues with any of the CPC+ objectives and would like help please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Kristen Schuster directly with your questions or comments.