Are You Tracking Your Use of CMF and CPCP Money?
February 28, 2017
Written by Kristen Schuster, Practice Facilitator
CMS is requiring practices to track their use of Care Management Fee (CMF) and Comprehensive Primary Care Payments (CPCPC),(CPCP is for track 2 participants only) reimbursement and to utilize the money for specific practice improvement. It is recommended to create a tracking system for how the money from these two payment models is being used to enhance care deliver.
Allowed expenses include:
- Wages for new staff to perform care delivery requirements i.e.( care manager, pre-visit preparation, quality data analyst, etc.)
- Wages for existing staff performing care delivery requirements
- Care delivery tools (shared decision making aids)
- Training and travel for CPC+ activities
Prohibited expenses include:
- Health IT upgrades or purchases
- Care delivery tools in an EHR
- Income tax payments
- Imaging equipment or durable medical equipment
- CME (not directly related to CPC+)
- Office supplies
- Payments to CPC+ providers for activity outside of CPC+
To gain a greater detail on what is included in your payments access the information through the CMS Enterprise Practice Portal.
Please refer to the CMS Implementation Guide and the Payment Methodologies Guide to gain further information on CMF and CPCP payments.
As always, complete CPC+ information from CMS can be found on the CPC+ Connect Portal. We encourage you to access the portal and check out all available CMS CPC+ resources.
If you have any questions, or run into issues with any of the CPC+ objectives and would like help please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Kristen Schuster directly with your questions or comments.
Other Resource Links
See all CPC+ Blog Posts