Final Meaningful Use List of Tasks for 2016
December 19, 2016
Written by Patty Kosednar
Well, we are almost to the end of 2016. As you know, CMS has approved a 90-day reporting period for MU for 2016. Just to make sure you have everything taken care of, here is a list of tasks needed for successful completion of MU for 2016 –
1. Choose a continuous 90-day reporting period for 2016 (see more info). Remember that providers within your organization can use different 90-day reporting periods.
2. Verify which alternate exclusions may apply to you (only for providers or hospitals that would be reporting stage 1 in 2016) – see more on this for eligible providers and eligible hospitals.
3. Run the MU reports for your chosen 90-day period and confirm all providers and/or your hospital has passed all core objectives (see more info on objectives).
4. If you have providers that are delivering services in more than one location, see more info on what is required for each location.
5. Verify your Medicaid eligibility if you are reporting to the Medicaid EHR Incentive program.
6. Take screen shots of the following –
- Confirming the EHR certified version
- Confirming the drug/drug-drug/allergy alert is active
- Confirming the 5 clinical decision support rules are active
- Confirming you have access to a drug formulary
7. Confirm you are meeting the requirements for the public health measure (see more info).
8. Confirm your security risk assessment has been updated and applies to your 2016 reporting period.
9. Eligible Providers only – confirm each provider has responded to an eSecure message for at least one patient seen during the reporting period.
10. Confirm each provider (for EPs) or your organization (for EHs) has at least one patient seen during the reporting period view, download or transfer their PHI.
Attestation Deadlines –
- The deadline for attesting to the Medicare EHR Incentive Program is 2/28/2017
- The deadline for attest to the Montana Medicaid EHR Incentive Program is 3/31/17
- Please check your state SLR to find out the dates for your individual states
For more detailed information, here is a link to the MU Webinar we held on 12/8.
As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or recommendations.