New Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Resources
December 13, 2017
We have recently posted some more great new Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) resources to our MT ABS Collaborative Resources page, and I wanted to make sure you were aware of them. The new resources include:
- New – (Document) HRET HIIN Antimicrobial Stewardship Change Package
- New – (Webpage) Duke Antimicrobial Stewardship Outreach Network
- New – (Webpage) ID Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
The HRET HIIN Antimicrobial Stewardship Change package is a toolkit that includes a menu of strategies, change concepts and specific actionable items that hospitals can implement based on its need or purposes for improving patient quality of life and care.
There is also valuable information from the webinar that was presented by the MT ABS Collaborative team on November 30, with topics including;
- how to calculate/track the Days of Therapy (DOT) antibiotic usage measure,
- how to submit antibiotic usage and resistance electronically to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN),
- and examples of antibiotic interventions and “starter projects” that you could implement as part of your antimicrobial stewardship program.
Check out the slides and recording for the 11/30/17 webinar to access this great information.
Other resources, links, guides and information can be found on our MT ABS Collaborative Resources webpage.
If you have any questions or run into issues with your antimicrobial stewardship program implementation and would like help, please use the “Leave a Reply” section below, or email Patty Kosednar directly with your questions or comments. We will have one of our subject matter experts get back to you.