Flu season is here, see our new immunization tools and resources!
February 20, 2018
Health Education TV Show Celebrates Second Season
Patients who use hospital services frequently can find more appropriate care through this Billings project
A Success Story: Health Technology Services Guides Clinic through a Successful EHR System Implementation
February 1, 2018
Download or see below.
This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF
Mountain-Pacific Quality Health
Mountain-Pacific Quality Health is a nonprofit corporation that partners within our communities to provide solutions for better health. We first opened our doors in Helena, Montana, in 1973; since then we have broadened our reach to include Wyoming, Alaska, Hawaii and the U.S. Pacific Territories of Guam, American Samoa and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization
Part of what we do is under the direction of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). We are one of 14 Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs). We partner with health care providers, practitioners, stakeholders and patients on a variety of quality improvement initiatives to achieve better care, better population health and lower health care costs. These initiatives include:
- Preventing healthcare-associated infections in hospitals and nursing homes
- Preventing healthcare-acquired conditions related to long-term care in nursing homes
- Improving the coordination of care from one health care setting to another and reducing unnecessary hospital admissions and readmissions
- Improving cardiovascular health
- Improving the health and wellbeing of people with diabetes
- Helping providers with the use of electronic health records (EHRs) and health information technology (HIT)
- Helping providers with quality data reporting and related incentive programs
Mountain-Pacific provides Medicaid utilization review and management services for the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services. We have been performing medical case review for specific Medicaid contracts since 1974. Through our review process, we strive to enable each Medicaid client to get his or her needs met in the most appropriate, cost-effective setting, using the most appropriate medical service, equipment and supplies.
Health Technology Services
Health Technology Services (HTS) is a department of Mountain-Pacific Quality Health. HTS is the federally designated Health Information Technology (HIT) Regional Extension Center (REC) for Montana and Wyoming. HTS offers technical assistance, guidance and information on best practices to support and accelerate health care providers’ efforts to become meaningful users of electronic health records (EHRs).