MT Antimicrobial Stewardship Links
MT Antimicrobial Stewardship Resources
The Montana Antimicrobial Stewardship (ABS) Collaborative is a group effort to create a statewide Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) implementation plan. Our goal is to collaborate, assist and offer resources, expertise and tools through multiple programs for use by Montana inpatient and outpatient facilities. Montana ABS Collaborative members include:
- Mountain-Pacific: Regional Healthcare Improvement Collaborative (RHIC), Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) and Infection Control Assessment and Response (ICAR) programs
- Montana Hospital Association: Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN), FLEX and STRIVE programs
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services
- University of Montana: Skaggs School of Pharmacy
Subscribe to the MT ABS Blog or ongoing updates directly delivered to you via email.
New Antibiotic Stewardship Program (ASP) Resources:
Here are new resources to help you with your ASP implementation:
- New – Antibiotic Usage – Days of Therapy Tracking Spreadsheet – A new tool created by the MT ABS Collaborative. See a demo of how to use this spreadsheet for tracking your antibiotic usage.
- New – HRET HIIN Antimicrobial Stewardship Change Package
- New – Antibiotic Stewardship Resources for Long Term Care
- New – Examples of various antimicrobial policy and procedure documents
Antibiotic Stewardship Education Resources:
Below are the upcoming Montana ABS educational events. Please see our MT ABS Webinars page to access previous webinar slide decks, recordings and other materials.
- 08/23/18 – 2:00 – 3:00pm MDT
- Webinar Title – Antibiotic Stewardship in the Emergency Department
- Description: Implementing CDC’s 4 Core Elements in the Emergency Department. Join us to hear Dr. Doug Kuntzweiler, Mountain-Pacific’s Chief Medical Officer, and recently retired ED physician with 27 years in the ED, describe the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing and how his hospital implemented CDC’s Hospital and Outpatient core elements for their antibiotic stewardship program.
- Registration Link
- 08/23/18 – 2:00 – 3:00pm MDT
For more information or if you have questions on any of the above education events, please contact Patty Kosednar.
Please see the MT ABS Webinars page to access previous webinar materials including slide decks, recordings and templates.
Antibiotic Stewardship Implementation Guides:
- Jump Start Stewardship Toolkit – Implementing Antimicrobial Stewardship in a Small, Rural Hospital
- CDC’s Implementation Guide of Antibiotic Stewardship Core Elements at Small and Critical Access Hospitals
- American Hospital Association’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Toolkit
- National Quality Partners Playbook: Antibiotic Stewardship in Acute Care
- Joint Commission Antimicrobial Stewardship Program Toolkit
MT ABS Collaborative Resources:
- MT Antibiotic Stewardship Collaborative Blog
- Jumpstart Workbook – Excel Document
- Antibiotic Stewardship Program Policy – St. Peter’s Hospital
- Antibiotic Stewardship Program Policy – St. Luke Community Healthcare
- How St. Peter’s Hospital Uses CDC Core Elements in Their Antibiotic Stewardship Program
- MT ABS Collaborative webinar materials
- MT ABS Collaborative Antibiotic Days of Therapy tracking tool
Other Antibiotic Stewardship Resources:
- Mountain-Pacific’s – Outpatient ABS Webpage
- CDC Inpatient Core Elements Checklist
- CDC Inpatient Antibiotic Stewardship Webpage
- CDC Outpatient Core Elements Checklist
- CDC Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship Webpage
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC)
- Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists (SIDP)
- A new article from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Nurses Association: The Role of Registered Nurses in Hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Practices
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Surveillance for Antimicrobial Use and Antimicrobial Resistance Options
- Duke Antimicrobial Stewardship Outreach Network
- ID Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Certificate Training Programs
- Making a Difference in Infectious Diseases (MAD-ID) Antimicrobial Stewardship Certificate Training Program
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP) Antimicrobial Stewardship Certificate Training Program
See all HTS Resources.