MT Antimicrobial Stewardship Links
MT Antimicrobial Stewardship Webinars
Here is a list of materials from the Montana Antimicrobial Stewardship Collaborative’s educational events. Check out the MT Antibiotic Stewardship Resources page to see a list of upcoming events and other resources. For ongoing updates about educational events and newly identified resources, subscribe to the MT ABS blog.
- 08/23/18 – Antibiotic Stewardship in the Emergency Department – Implementing CDC’s 4 Core Elements in the Emergency Department.
- Dr. Doug Kuntzweiler, Mountain-Pacific’s Chief Medical Officer, and recently retired ED physician with 27 years in the ED, describes the importance of appropriate antibiotic prescribing and how his hospital implemented CDC’s Hospital and Outpatient core elements for their antibiotic stewardship program.
- Webinar slides/presentation
- 7/19/2018 – How to use the Days of Therapy (DOT) Antibiotic Usage Data Tracking Tool
- The Montana ABS Collaborative has created a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet tool to help track elements of your antimicrobial stewardship program, including antibiotic usage via Days of Therapy (DOT) for inpatient and long-term care facilities. The webinar will demonstrate the value and use of this tool and provide educational materials to support your antibiotic usage tracking.
- 5/22/2018 – Antibiotic Stewardship webinar: Current Antibiotic Treatment Recommendations for Adult Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- It has been more than 10 years since the last community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) guidelines were published by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA). Join Mountain-Pacific Quality Health’s upcoming webinar to learn what evidence has changed and to review the current evidence-based treatment recommendations for CAP. Webinar presented by Ryan Stevens, PharmD, BCPS; Infectious Diseases Clinical Pharmacy Specialist; Providence Alaska Medical Center.
- 2/20/2018 – Antibiotic Stewardship webinar featuring:
- An open discussion with Dr. Tremain, MD, FACPE and Physician Improvement Advisor with Cynosure Health and Michael Groessinger, pharmacist from Valor Health in Boise, ID regarding implementation ideas from the HRET HIIN ABS Change Package, hospital progress and best practice sharing from Montana hospital
- 11/30/17 – Antibiotic Stewardship webinar including the following topics:
- Examples of Antimicrobial Stewardship Interventions: A Couple of Starter Projects, presented by Jennifer Ott, PharmD, BCPS from Billings Clinic
- National Health and Safety Network (NHSN) – Antibiotic Utilization and Resistance Reporting programs, presented by Shane A Anderson BS PharmD RPh BCPS from St. Vincent Healthcare
- Days of Therapy and Beyond, presented by Tom Richardson, Pharmd, BCPS AQ-ID from St. Peter’s Hospital
The slide deck for each topic are individual documents but the recording includes all 3 topics/presentations and is the entire webinar session. Here is the link to the webinar recording for 11/30/17.
- 7/26/17 – Implementing Antibiotic Stewardship Programs in Outpatient Settings
- 7/18/17 – Jumpstart Stewardship #4 – Identifying and Mitigating Barriers and Planning Your ASP Implementation
- 6/13/17 – Jumpstart Stewardship #3 – Effective Measures for Your Antibiotic Stewardship Program
- 5/25/17 – Introducing and Initiating Pharmacy and Pharmacist Services with an ASP
- Overcoming Common Barriers – Presented by: Shane A. Anderson BS, PharmD, RPh, BCPS, St. Vincent Hospital
- ASP Implementation Pearls – Presented by: Tom Richardson, PharmD, BCPS AQ-ID, St. Peter’s Hospital
- Additional materials from St. Peter’s Hospital (SPH): SPH ASP Policy, SPH ASP Gap Analysis, SPH Ertapenem Use Criteria, How SPH Uses CDC Core Elements in Their ASP Program
- 5/17/17 – Jumpstart Stewardship Webinar #2; Building Your Team and Selecting Interventions
- 4/26/17 – MT ABS Collaborative: Jumpstart Stewardship Webinar #1
- 4/6/17 – MT Collaborative ASP Kick-Off Webinar
Explore and register for our upcoming webinars on the MT ABS Collaborative Resources webpage.
Subscribe to the MT ABS blog for updates on upcoming events and new antibiotic stewardship resources.
See all HTS Resources.